So... here we are. The week leading up to the BIG REVEAL. The main thing on my mind at the moment is ... "Will the boxes all fall down and the installation be a complete failure?".
Wind will be my main problem... but my technical crew have a back up plan, with tarps as wind shields if necessary. The tarps will make photographing the installation problematic but I think we'll just have to deal with that on the day. So far the forecast is looking good with cloudy skies, mild temperatures and a slight breeze.
We'll add stability with boards as a base and tomorrow (!), I'll resolve adhesives.
The other unknown is the number of kids that will be there on the day to participate in the installation. Tomorrow a note goes home with the school newsletter, and promotional material has gone out in the local magazine publication...The Bridge, as well as BVC facebook and other social networking pages, so hopefully a few kids will come along to see their works all together.
Perhaps, on refection it would have been better to have the installation closer to the end date of the project, given that some groups finished their works back at the beginning of August. I wonder if the gap between completing the works and display distances the kids too much from the process.
Questions to be answered in evaluation...
What did you enjoy about the project ?
What did you find challenging ?
What surprised you?
How would you improve the workshops ?
Would you choose to do a similar project again? Why? Why not?
On sunday, as well as coordination the installation, I'm hoping to record some responses to those kind of questions for my project evaluation.
Community Art Projects in Balnarring and beyond